Hello everyone who is still reading my blog. I am not dead, although it has felt like a possibility a few times lately. I would apologize for not posting, but I doubt anyone really is bothered all that much. I will use the standard excuse that life has been quite busy. Busy in good ways as well as stressful ways. I prefer not to complain about the frustrations online, and the personal things are, well, personal
But a few things I can mention that have happened in the last few months. The biggee, I guess, is that I graduated. I am now the proud owner of a Master’s degree in Computer Science. It only took 6 years. My final project is available online here: Improving NAT/Software compatibility through Flexible NAT Emulation Software. It is odd how I have mixed feelings already about being done. On one hand, I am thrilled to be done with the degree (and have the degree), but on the other hand, I think I am going to miss being in school just a little.
I have been traveling pretty extensively for work. In the 3.5 months since I started at Swisslog, I have been to Minnesota twice, Florida twice, and Texas once. This is really helping me get through my fear of flying (with the help of choice pharmaceuticals). I will not say that I will ever enjoy the process of flying, but it is becoming a smaller obstacle to my life. I am hoping to use this new-found freedom to actually go on vacation one of these days, I hope.
Other random things:
- I bought a tent! (Haven’t been camping in it yet)
- I’m playing more volleyball
- The plaid wallpaper is gone (but the painting is not done)
- I get to go to Germany in September
- I might go to a week-long cooking school
- I’ve seen a few movies
- I’ve gotten sucked into a few more TV shows
- I want to go kayaking again this summer and I found a place to rent them
- I’m sure more has happened, but this list is long enough now